Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stretch.

Fizzzzzzz and crack goes my beer. Ah the warmth of sun around me and the cool shade of the porch I sit on. A full days work and a much deserved beer. Nothing better than a bottle toast to the feelings of accomplishment. I worked this morning planting blueberry bushes and pine trees at another farm across the river. I have been working over there about two days a week for about 10-12 hours a week and best part yet is I am getting payed. Nothing better my friends nothing better. I work the mornings over there and then back in time to the Waipara Gardens abode for a bit of lunch and on to an afternoon of wwoofing. Aint a bad gig I tell you what. I am not making a million dollars but a little income goes a long ways these days.

As for the days I speak of I am referring to Spring and the days that are flying by. Each week adds upon another and I really don't know where this is all going to end up. Might just have to apply for a visa extension soon. Next week our first Wwoofers of the season arrive. Two French Girls for two weeks. Should make a nice addition around here. The only strange part for me is this understanding that is creeping in. I have been in NZ long enough that a new group of travelers, visitors, sightseers, wwoofers, and more are about to arrive. The people all over the world that make up the 1.2 million visitors to NZ annually will be arriving soon. As for my understanding of it all.... Don't really care... Feel like I can slip through the cracks of hustle and bustle and mind my own business. I can disappear knowing what I do now. The allure of travel has become normal living. Overwhelmed by the ideas of grand sights and the path that lay ahead. For it isn't about impressing, nor is it about seeing it all. It is simply about impacting the soul through positive experience.

Onwards to this weekend and the week to follow. I am headed out for the first backpacking trip of the season next weekend. An easy 35km to start things out right.

Onwards and Upwards the Mountains are calling.

Cheers!

1 comment: