Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Truest Grit


I am sitting with a full belly. I believe that is an understatement but I am unsure how to describe the fullness I feel. Made a great lasagna tonight, homemade pasta and all. I guess with the way I feel I ate a little too much. Being a Wednesday the movie choice for the evening is Western. Wednesday Westerns. Nothing better than a weekly routine involving the viewing a a classic Western once a week. Tonight's is a classic indeed, one of my favorites True Grit. I have seen this film at the least a half dozen times and I will try my best to stay awake for a seventh viewing however a full stomach makes one tired.

I got quite a delight this afternoon when I found a small little egg about in inch in height lying next to one of the wood piles. Based on the size it could have only belonged to our only teenage Hen at the farm. I couldn't help but laugh about the size as well where she laid it. Little thing must have been confused as to what in the hell was going on. Not much of an egg and certainly wouldn't make an omelet. In other chicken news. Today was the first day our five newest chicks were taken around the farm by their mother. After about a month and a half in the coop they are finally out and about. The group of em are rather rag-tag in appearance, Three black and two gold. By the looks of it too there is one rooster in the bunch. They are in the intermediate stage right before they loose their baby feathers and chirp around growing in the new feathers that will take them into their teenage years. Cute none the less.

Tomorrow starts with a morning of work and then down to Pegasus Bay Winery with my Host mother Sarah for a wine tasting and talk with the owners about employment for me. I have already lined up an interview in a few weeks for a serving position at their restaurant. But I am mostly interested in landing a spot as a prep-cook. I would like very little responsibility and interaction. Either way I'll take what I can get....

"Mr. Rat, I have a writ here says you're to stop eating Chin Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now it's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of the same. See, doesn't pay any attention to me." ---- Rooster Cogburn

No comments:

Post a Comment