Saturday, September 11, 2010

Life is in the breath.


Well I took the plunge into Yoga. I have completed my 5th day of practice and I can already tell I am Hooked. I had been wanted to start Yoga for years. And anyone who has spent a fare about of time around me can speak for the amount of stretching and relatively limber lounging positions I tend to place myself in. So far so great!

I can see this becoming my drug of choice. I now am looking to the people I know who are avid enthusiasts of Yoga with new eyes. They had all pushed me and suggested I give it a try. The way my body feels as of right now I am ashamed I waited so long.

I enjoy the philosophy behind Yoga. Yoga is concerned with the health and beauty of the body as a whole. Emphasis on unity. Over time the body becomes "disjointed". Meaning, the body, emotions, mind, and spirit all pull in separate directions. Each demanding the fulfillment of its own needs and desires. This causes stress and ware and prevents the individual of functioning as an "integrated whole". Thus the practice of "Yoga" to attain unity/balance in self-development. Yoga, a Sanskrit word meaning "union" or "joining together".

Bliss!

The other aspect of Yoga I am enjoying is the consciously aware state focused on breathing.

"Life is in the breath; therefore he who only half breaths, half lives."
- Yoga Proverb

I like this thought. The body can go weeks without food, days without sleep and water, yet only minutes without air. Our sustenance comes from our breath. Our focus and understanding of this life giving interaction is the simplest necessity.

Feeling good form my head to my feet. I am off to a play with Sarah and William. We are going to watch the stage performance of "The Best Little Whore House in Texas". I am rather excited to hear some Kiwi accents mimic Texas chatter. Also looking forward to the acting quality!

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This holy reality, this holy experience. Choosing to be here in...

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion.

Alive

This holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in...

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...
Of what it means to be alive

Swirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this
chance to be alive and breathing
chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion.

Parabola
Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment